Thursday, October 21, 2010

What is Satisfying

What is it that we find satisfying?  I have no idea.  And I have no idea how to find out.  I'm at a point (four months sober in a matter of days) where I no longer know what it is that makes sense regarding my own direction--not what might be escapist-satisfying or "i'm full from an excellent meal"-satisfying--and that isn't very reassuring, I'll be honest.   I know that drinking might not be satisfying in the longer term sense, and that it might push me or people generally away from the rational side of goal orientation and acquisition in a stricter sense, but it sure could be useful for the very simple and understandably limited feeling that it induces.  With the general caveat that such a feeling shouldn't be construed outward, and etcetera.

No comments: