Friday, October 22, 2010

Take A Risk: Don't Cower!

We are weak and vulnerable and stupid and inconsistent and moronic, and disrespectful and self-absorbed, and we have fragile egos.

And I'll say something even harder: I am weak and vulnerable and stupid and inconsistent and disrespectful and self-absorbed and have a fragile ego.

But I'm coming to the realization that there are a hell of a lot of people, professional type people, who really honestly and truly seem well adjusted and highly literate in the communicative styles and successes of a world that I struggle with, who are extremely weak and try desperately to cover up their weakness.

And it takes so much of their strength to do this that it leaves them even weaker and even more alone at the end of the day.

And I'm just not sure why this is the case--i.e. why it exists.   But it does.

No comments: