Saturday, October 30, 2010

Making Making Whiskey Fashionable

There's been a few write ups about good ole decent everyday type folks starting microbrewery type whiskey manufacturing in Brooklyn recently.  And here.  Which makes me jealous, which is:

"... is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, such as a relationship, friendship, or love."

(to the extent that wikipedia is accurate, which, because the emotion is so widely felt and wiki so open to editing by nature, can't be too far from the truth)

The question remains why I might feel insecurity or fear or anxiety or anticipated loss in regard to whiskey production, and the answer is simply that: I wish I could partake.

I know, I know, when I started I said I wouldn't fill this blog up with the pangs of a drinker longing for a drink.  I think a jealously might come in pangs, so I shouldn't fill anything up (definitely not a barrel) with jealously.  Btw, if you're interested in a barrel, just click on the link.

So for now i'll tell you that I don't want a drink, but do think the process of making whiskey is interesting and something I might want to look into.

No comments: