Monday, June 6, 2011

Being Weak-

I've been pretty weak in my life.  I don't want to use my past to justify continual weakness in my character.  I don't mean that I'm going to buy a Pontiac Trans Am:



Or that I'm going to find a can of steroids and start to race my life away in needless pissing contests.  But.  I won't shy away from awkward moments--i.e. I won't pull my punches on "being who I am" because I think that someone will disagree, or that it might produce a result that isn't totally smooth and overflowing with rosy confluence.  I mean, that just isn't life.  Most people value honesty anyway, and I can only let others go first for so long before I have a little snag of bitterness with my passivity.

I don't want to live life making excuses.  That's why I got sober in the first place.  I can't let my sobriety be used as a justification for taking the easy road in other situations.  Period.

No comments: