Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Monday Morning

It's raining here, and rather gray.  They go together, so nothing I can really do about it.  I suppose it would be healthy to remember that there's nothing I can do, period, and that I have little control generally.  That's a bit depressing though, to be honest.  This morning, I made, as I do every morning but fail to mention here (notice how this blog will become a place to track food instead of alcohol consumption?), some steel-cut oatmeal with a bunch of frozen fruit, a pinch of brown sugar, and flax seed.  The trick is to add in the frozen fruit before cooking the oatmeal.  Frozen fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), oats, lots of water, bring to a boil and then reduce all the way down and let cook for about 20-25 minutes. Delicious mix at the end that I take in a small thermos to work.  Hearty.

No comments: