Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Off to the Zoo

Digging through the trenches of sobriety.  Teetotaler. Conjures images of doing good deeds.  Religious.  Right path training.  Always on foot.  Dry.  Fleeting; boring; resolute banality.

Funny, the opposite is true.  My thoughts are bright and clear and loud in my head, but I have less of a need to broadcast them, or to cross words with people. 

There are all sorts of people out there who I might easily disagree with, but the point, maybe, is to learn from them instead.  To understand where they're coming from, whether I'm coming from a similar place, and if so, why, or if not, why not.  To try for a degree of empathy, both externally and internally.  Translation = having some patience is a hard thing.  Especially when I get emotional about an issue, for instance, or have the urge to say something. 

No comments: