Friday, November 26, 2010

Transition Time

More running today, in the cold, too. Well, to be truthful, it didn't even drop below freezing, but comparatively, it was chilly.  I'm definitely not going out to see many friends lately, or maybe my definitions have changed. Still social, less willing to put up with shit.  Not drinking sure has a way with one's social life. I'm more focused. I no longer feel like I'm just riding out some wave until the end to be placed where the tide draws me back in again.  I'm walking on my own two feet, however much of a cliche that is, and however tacky I feel, and however much I didn't create the world around me, I do have a say in where I'll go today.  You know, the classic drill, the 5am rush of being somewhere important, and the lens of one's life that crops and distills compromised minutes into something manageable, then blows it back up to pretend that it can cover an entire wall. 

Over five months sober now.  Let's keep this going.

No comments: