Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Listen (and say it with me now): I Don't Know

Alarmingly disarming, this simple phrase.  I don't know.  What do you think?  

Makes you remember that it is okay to change your beliefs and update them as you see fit based on, well, on life experience, which is, yeah, actually experiencing things first hand and having the realization that, well, yeah, you weren't exactly spot on accurate as a flaming lefty neo-marxist (not to mention that the people who care about those things aren't the people you actually being attracted to).

In the middle of a very strenuous day, when all we're telling ourselves and all we're told to tell everyone else is that we know know know, let's breathe a sigh of relief, imagine a Benny Goodman lick, and say it, even under our breath, collectively, even as a swear might come out similarly.

I don't know.

Yeah, me neither.  Glad I'm not alone.

If you're thinking it other people are thinking it too.

No comments: