Sunday, February 24, 2013

Not Cursed. Blessed.

I got that feeling today of being extremely lucky.  All of the things that represent the biggest challenges to me, that I can get really worked up concerning different possible scenarios.

They flipped.

I can't explain it so much as intuit it.   Instead of representing challenges to be overcome, they mutated into blessings for me to enjoy in the fullest, and I got a rush of good ole connection with those around me.

Instead of feeling threatened and making complicated excuses for my own emotional responses, I felt thankful.

Instead of trying to protect my ego by denigrating other people, I felt fortunate that I could be exposed to the challenge they represent.

If I couldn't respond to what someone was saying it meant not that they were stupid, but that I had to refine my beliefs.

I know this sounds quaint.  Trust me, when reading it I know.  I also know this is fundamentally true in a big way, a way that allows me to stand on my own shoulders and embrace that which I am submerged in, instead of trying to run away from it, or be scared.

Overwhelmingness and incomprehensibility are to be cherished sometimes.  Now happens to be one of those times.

No comments: