Monday, December 10, 2012

Find Meaning Every Damn Day -

Today was  a fully normal day.  I could get righteously pissed at that.  Nothing miraculous happend. No special praise was lavished.  No lubrication applied to the pinwheels of my life.

In fact, it got a bit depressing, which is, come to think of it, also normal.  For instance, train was late.  Subway ticket needed buying, and there was a huge line of people at the machine, so I got in late.

And on the way home I missed one train and had to wait 20 minutes for the next.

But I did manage to hear a great blues guitar player while I waited.  And watch all the crazy frothy "I-must-get-to-my-train" commuters (like me).  And that was priceless.

Between all of the shit for sale and the endless things to accomplish, and the image to protect and the next big score, we should all try to make a bit of time in our daily lives to just stop getting through.  To just stop, in fact.  And just listen to the cacophonous roar of our lives.  We only have them this once, and they're already going by too fast.  Why rush to the next step?

Why be obsessed, always, with the next step?  

No comments: