Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dangerously Close to 2 Years Sober.

Never thought I'd achieve it, actually.  Twelve years ago, I stopped for eight months.  That was my first 'getting sober' session.  I thought then that I wouldn't drink again.  But I was wrong.

Then, in 2009, I went for 6 months.  Heavy duty, I thought at the time, patting myself on the back.

Six month after getting unsober, I realized how far I'd fallen from my glory high of sobriety, and decided I needed to stop for at least a year this time.  Which I did.  On June 25, 2010.  Soon I'll cross over the two year mark.  I'm not trying to experience emotion about it.  But that rarely has anything to do with it.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Good for you!

A couple weeks ago I passed 2 1/2 years. After a while you do quit thinking about it. At least I am.

Remember, you are not stopping for 2 years. You are stopping for Life.

hmm said...

That's a good thing to remember. Thanks.