Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've taken a liking to almond butter

The world is less evil (and less good), though it maintains the propensity for both extremes, if you catch me at an off angle, and my traversal through the path of least resistence is somehow less humid than previously, now that I have a lick of almond butter.  It is sensuous and should always replace a drink, and will leave you feeling pleasant, and mood-stabilized, afterword, instead of used up and recycled and processed and cracked.  And now that all the hippies are talking it up, one can endeavor to purchase the thick sludge like substance that is ground almonds at any local food store without inflicting damage to one's delicate identity calculation, either, much like peanut butter.  Even almond milk is becoming more accepted.  However, ordering an almond milk frothed green tea will still get you a raised eyebrow, at least from me.

I work in/near tribeca/near ground zero, now.  I'll tell you what's there: people who like to work out, and walk around in their exercise outfits.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind their perfectly coiffed hair or their spandex-enmeshed bottoms sashaying away double-wide child carriers that double as shopping carts, or the way they all seem so comfortable while maintaining a sense of purpose.  I've always been one or the other, you know, totally comfortable or totally purposeful, and I'm trying to glean what behavioral cues I can from the tribeca crowd.  Which could explain the change in my almond butter acceptance/non-acceptance ratio, and the fact that I'm convinced the scales have tipped--

That's the proposition.

Also, there's something to this statement: good music is music that can be listened to over 1000 times and reveal more of it itself.  But it is not necessary that good music do this, just a correlation I've noticed.

By the way, did you know that excel can do regressions, forecasts, and massage your feet with vitamin E oil?  No?  Go hang out in Tribeca for a few years, I'm sure it will rub off.  Or maybe that's the sound of not talking about money when you have so much that you no longer have to acknowledge the role it plays in asset acquisition.  Not sure, you decide.

No comments: