Thursday, September 30, 2010

Best Day All Year - Yesterday

I was more productive yesterday than I've been in a long long time.  Why?  Well, I'm not 100% sure of it, but the lack of coffee and the lack of booze pushed my energy levels up.  Not only that, though, previously submerged personality traits that I thought were lost or just plain unrecognizable, came to the surface as well, much to me surprise.  Woke up this morning at 6:30 with no alarm and will try to go to town and do some writing before 9:30 am board meeting at local Starbucks where the internet and seating is relatively free. (See how easy it is to get a board meeting in at the local starbucks?) I did get a decaf coffee yesterday, and drank a bunch of mint tea, but that's about it for consumption of mind altering substances, including cigarettes, which I admittedly smoked a few of the previous days (you can't blame me, as I had in my possession gorgeously smooth foreign brand smokes--but I gave someone the pack yesterday (with only 3 left) so I didn't keep smoking them.)  I've still got a very addictive personality under the surface, and was looking for excuses to light up (after not smoking for 3 weeks).  Expecting company tonight I put a few beers in the fridge, for them.  I do take joy in allowing other people to drink in my presence; not sure why that would be.

No comments: